Taking Care Of Your Hair Extensions This Summer
Whether you have a planned vacation for the summer or you simply have plans to enjoy as many sun-drenched events as possible, it is likely that you may be looking to shake up your hairstyle ready for the hotter months. Hair extensions have grown in popularity, especially throughout the summer, as they not only offer wearers with more versatility in terms of what they can do with their hair, but they also allow the individual to instantly change their appearance.
Hair extensions are an ideal way to instantly add length, volume, texture or even an array of colour through your hair. Should you simply wish to shake up your current style, hair extensions can also achieve a new, on-trend look without the need to wait for your natural hair to grow. However, it is important to remember that hair extensions are not a cheap investment and in order to ensure that your hair extensions look great straight through the summer, it is vital that you care for them accordingly-just as you would your natural hair. When you initially have your extensions applied, your hair extension specialist will provide you with expert advice as to how you can care for your extensions. Much of the same rules apply when caring for them in the summer such as below:
- Wash your hair extensions with a gentle, moisturising shampoo and while wet, refrain from piling up or scrunching the hair as you wash the shampoo in and out. Keep your extensions down, washing the hair from the roots, working downwards. Massage the hair lightly and rinse thoroughly in order to eliminate build-up.
- Conditioning is essential for hair extension wearers to stop the hair from becoming dry or brittle. However, the heat of the sun can drain natural moisture from the hair, meaning that your hair will need conditioning more than ever. After shampooing, apply a moisturizing conditioner to help keep your extensions soft and supple.
- Once clean, squeeze excess water from your hair using a towel-never rub your hair as this can cause your extensions to become loose or tangled. Wherever possible, always allow your hair extensions to air dry but if you must use styling products, keep the appliance away from the bond of the hair- never apply the heat directly on the extension bond.
- Even when vacationing in hot locations, refrain from going to bed with wet hair. Wet extensions can become tangled beyond repair, so only go to bed or style your hair once it is fully dry. In order to eliminate tangling at night, tie your hair onto a loose ponytail.
- Your natural hair can become dry in the heat, eliminating the volume of natural oils that help to keep it moisturised. Without these oils, you hair extensions will also become dry which can lead to breaking. Invest in a protective, moisturising spray and apply to your hair before you go in the sun. Reapply as needed.
- Chemicals found in swimming pools and even the salt in seawater can also be damaging to the hair so when swimming, tie your hair up or where possible, invest in a swimming cap for underwater swimming.
With the heat and sunshine, the summer offers us the chance to embody our inner beach babe. However, in order keep our hair extensions beach-ready, it is vital that we give them the care and protection they require. Well, if youíre going to look after your skin when in the sun, why not your hair as well?
For a full list of hair extension services available at Inanch London click here.
Inanch London sweeps up at Great Lengths first ever UK Awards. Click here to read more.
BuyHair.co.uk are the largest hair extensions company on the internet supplying top quality human hair and synthetic hair extensions products. Shipping to every country around the world, customers will benefit from superfast next day delivery available on most products.